Monday, July 15, 2013

Love Poem in Paris



I am going to create a ceremony
to the glass you drank from
I will dance around the silverware
you used to eat with
I will save forever
the napkin that touched your lips.

I am a romantic collector of your footsteps
the patches of your sleeplessness
he who stitches together the bits of light
that you left in the air you pass through.

I like to scratch your head
and feel the velvet
of the archangels guarding your sleep
I want to kiss your closed eyes
and feed myself on your visions.

I am going to sing to your hands
that figure out the equation of the day
in each wing beat
I am going to make a blanket
with all the smiles
that you brought today
with it I will cover myself in the dawn
to write you a poem,
this poem.



Image: Rodin sculpture, photo by Adrian

© Adrian Arias, Paris 2013
Translation by Nina Serrano

No comments:

Post a Comment